banner ad
banner ad
banner ad

Dear Christine, Scared in Saline

| October 8, 2017

Dear Christine,

Okayy so I have this m.u. So the problem is that I think that shes losing interest in me because she use to say i love you and would send kisses and hearts to me and this evening she seems a bit distance and when we chat she didnt send me any kisses or hearts!! I knw Im being paranoid bt u do really care for her and dont wanna lose her so the question is that how to make her want m3 oh btw im 16 and shes 15.

Scared in Saline

Dear Scared, Age has nothing to do with this situation! Feeling vulnerable and needing reassurance happen at all ages when you open yourself up to another human being. First, don’t assume anything. Maybe she’s not sending kisses and hearts like she used to, but perhaps there’s a reason that has nothing to do with you. Maybe she’s stressed out at home, or at school. Who knows? No one, until you ask. Let her know how much you care for her and ask her if she cares for you too, or has anything changed? If she’s just mulling through some problem that doesn’t involve you, but is keeping her emotionally a little distant, then you don’t over react or get too clingy for her. She will feel your paranoia, even if you don’t talk to her about your concern, and paranoia is definitely not attractive. Sometimes people just don’t continue to say and do loveydovey things after a few weeks/months into a relationship. They get used to each other and take each other for granted, that you already know she loves you, so she doesn’t need to send hearts and kisses to you all the time. She is the expert on her, and she’s the one you need to go to, to discover what is really going on in her heart and soul. Remind yourself that we often think that 100% of what someone else is doing, or stopped doing is because of you, but the reality is it’s more like they may be reacting to you maybe 20% of the time, and the other 80% is because something else (that has nothing to do with you) is going on.

Take care, Christine Cantrell

Category: Featured Column

Comments are closed.

banner ad
banner ad