Gay/Bisexual Men Chemical Dependency and Relapse Prevention Therapy Group
Click here to download pdf flyer.
Location: The Center for Relationship and Sexual Health
Facilitated by Mark McMillan, LLMSW
Gay & Bisexual men are statistically at higher risk for substance abuse, especially heroin, because of trauma associated with sexual orientation, gender identity, and sexuality. Often, one gets high for a variety of reasons; drug abuse doesn’t necessarily lead to drug addiction. This ongoing group will help answer questions and provide a safe space to discuss issues related to your substance use:
- How much is too much?
- When is too much affecting daily living?
- How has sexuality contributed to drug use?
- Tools for more healthy coping skills.
- Tools and life skills to live a healthier and fulfilling life.
- Relapse prevention skills
- All sexual orientations welcome
This is a weekly, on-going group with a 3-month commitment. Please call to set up an intake interview.