While normal housecleaning might make you think of things like vacuuming and dusting, in the middle of a viral outbreak, we need to focus our cleaning efforts on the highly touched surfaces of our homes. To prevent the spread of illness including COVID-19, we need to clean and disinfect doorknobs, handles, light switches, hard surfaces like chairs, desks and tables, remote controls, faucets, microwave ovens, sinks and toilets. Think about how many times the members of your family touch door knobs and light switches each day. If someone has a cold or virus, it won’t take long before they spread it to the rest of the family. To make matters worse, this is coming at a time when disinfectants and household cleaners are becoming almost impossible to find.
Fortunately, you don’t need industrial cleaning products to disinfect your home. Many safe and non-toxic cleaners are probably already in your cabinet
There’s no need to panic or over clean. There are some things you can do to significantly reduce the chances for you bringing the coronavirus into your home. Here are tips to follow when cleaning your home:
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home, and several times throughout the day.
- Disinfect the highly touched surfaces often.
- Wear disposable gloves while cleaning and throw them out after, then wash your hands again.
- Read the cleaner and disinfectant label. Not all cleaning products will kill bacteria and others may need to be used in a specific way to be effective.
- If you run out of cleaning products and can’t find any in the stores, do some research on alternatives that you may actually have in your home. Just make sure you don’t mix bleach with anything except water.
- Hire a professional housekeeping service to come in often for cleaning and disinfecting for your home or office. They have the products, the knowledge and, in many cases, can use organic products that can kill the germs while keeping your kids and pets safe.
At Reflections Extreme Clean, we offer a housecleaning alternative to ensure that your home is not only clean, but disinfected and germ free.
If you’re ready to get some help during this stressful time and enjoy peace of mind, call Reflections Extreme Clean for a free quote. We care about your family’s health.
To get a free quote, please contact us at your
convenience. Our team looks forward to doing business with you.