Eastern cultures discovered the healing powers of hemp many centuries ago. Unfortunately, in the United States, marijuana has earned a bad name for itself. However, more and more people are learning of the healing properties associated with marijuana and, as a result, this has led to a surge in the market for CBC and hemp oil. This market is expected to only grow in the future are here are just a few of the reasons.
- The beneficial ingredients in hemp oil are sterols, aliphatic alcohols and linolenic acids.
- Hemp Oil also contains Omega-3 which is especially important because of its function in repairing damaged brain cells. Our brain cells can be damaged due to everyday stress and unhealthy diets that contain too many processed foods and foods that are high in sugar, salt and bad fat. Among the essential fatty acids in hemp is docosahexaenoic acid which is vital to brain and eye development in the first year of life. The beneficial ingredients in hemp oil are sterols, aliphatic alcohols and linolenic acids.
- Hemp oil is widely and quite effectively used in the treatment of pain, joint health, and for those suffering from anxiety or depression It can also be used as a sleeping aid.
- Hemp oil contains terpenes, which give the plant its aroma. Terpenes such as beta-caryophyllene and myrcene contribute and are known to help improve the immune system and help with depression. CBD oil is full of fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- Because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, Hemp oil is often used to treat skin, hair and nails. Hemp oil is used in the making of many skin products including, soaps, moisturizers, salves, balms and others and has been shown to improve acne, itching, dry skin and other skin irritations. Some are speculating that hemp oil may protect against the effects of aging, though this has not been proven.
- Hemp oil may also help support heart and cardiovascular health as well as possibly preventing some degenerative diseases due to its fatty acid ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3. In addition, Omega-6 can be useful to balance hormones and lessen the severity of menstrual cramps in women.
- The Omega-3 fatty acids that we know are healthy for us, often come from the fish we consume. For those who are concerned about the high levels of mercury in fish, hemp oil provides a mercury-free alternative.
- During the cold and flu season we all try to keep our immune systems healthy. The many essential fatty acids in Hemp oil improve our immune systems as well as promote healthy gut by supporting the development of microorganisms that live in our intestines.
In short, Hemp oil contains ingredients that help with lowering cholesterol, reducing heart attack risk, aiding the metabolic processing of fats and may even prevent cancer. We all want to stay healthy and while there are many thoughts on just how to do that, hemp oil is becoming an effective natural health product that can easily and safely be included in our diet and health regimes.