Massage Therapy for Insomnia
If you suffer sleepless nights like thousands of others, massage therapy may be the answer. As many as 1 out of 3 people suffer from insomnia, and of those, 10% experience it on a chronic basis. Insomnia can be caused by many things including stress, anxiety and depression. Lack of sleep can lead to lowered immunity, poor job performance, the inability to maintain a healthy body weight, an increased risk and of diseases heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes, and a loss of mental, emotional and physical well-being. Deep and restful sleep is how our body heals and repairs itself. If you’re looking for a drug free all-natural way to get a better night’s sleep and lead a healthier life, you should consider massage therapy.
How Does Massage Therapy Work?
- Massage for insomnia works by relaxing the tight muscles by increasing circulation.
- Massage will relax and dilate the arteries which can reduce blood pressure and make the heart work easier by slowing down an accelerated heart rate.
- Massage can also help you breath better by relaxing respiratory passageways which will increase the airflow in and out of the lungs.
- It also helps to relax, calm and center the mind and reduce stress and anxiety
- Massage loosens up tense muscles, which decreases the pressure in the joints.
- Massage therapy can directly influence the body’s production of serotonin (the body’s natural sleep aid) allowing people to stop being dependent of medications.
- When you are deprived of deep sleep, your body releases pain chemicals. Massage can reduce body aches and pains and allow you to relax.
- Massage also turns off the sympathetic nervous system which is the source of stress.
The bottom line is that massage is an all-natural and safe solution for insomnia. Just one massage therapy session can be highly effective is treating issues related to insomnia. If you suffer from insomnia and the health issues related to lack of sleep, if you want to feel more energized and be more productive throughout the day, consider a massage therapy treatment for insomnia.
Achieving deep sleep is optimal for good health. At Vita Nova Massage we practice a variety of massage and bodywork techniques for the experienced or “seasoned” massage-getter, from Swedish and relaxation massage to more intense therapies like deep tissue work, neuromuscular re-education, and trigger points. Vita Nova is based in the northwestern Metropolitan Detroit area.
Book your appointment by clicking the link below!