The Tour de Troit is happy to welcome you to the Tour d’Eastside on May 17, 2020!
EVENT LOCATION: Alfred Brush Park, Detroit MI (AB FORD PARK) 100 Lakewood Street, Detroit, 48215
Packet pick-up information will be available closer to the event date.
Event parking for the 2020 ride is TBD.
START: We start promptly at 9AM. Staging for the start will begin in the parking lot at 8:30 AM.
RIDE: The ride is police escorted by DPD and SAG Supported by Wheelhouse Detroit. The ride is not on a closed course, and you must be able to keep up with the group, or you will be asked by sweepers, or DPD to get into the SAG vehicle. It is extremely difficult for DPD to manage the ride when it is very spread out. If you are asked to get in the SAG vehicle please understand it is for the safety of the other 600+ cyclists on the ride as well as your own. Sweepers will be available to help with small bike problems along the ride. If the problems are too severe for a roadside repair you will be asked to place your bike in the SAG vehicle. If you have extra tubes specific to your bike, please bring one along to make a possible repair much faster.
HELMETS ARE MANDATORY. Tour de Troit requires all of our riders to wear a helmet for all events.
…odds & ends…
- pack sunscreen. It’s going to be a warm one!
- bring a water bottle filled with water to the event- stay safe and stay hydrated.
- small waters, apples, and bars will be available at the rest stop.
- lunch available after the event to people how have purchased tickets in advance. There will not be food available for purchase after the ride.
- bring your bike to the start of the ride in good working order, seat set, tires pumped, tuned up for the season.
- registered riders over 21 will be offered a beer at the end of the ride from Batch Brewing Company.
- please remember to be respectful of the residents and neighborhoods along the route- don’t block in driveways, and leave nothing behind.
See you soon!
Your friends at the Tour de Troit
Tour d’Eastside Information
GETTING TO THE EVENT:
Tour d’Eastside begins and ends at AB Ford Park on the Detroit River.
Parking is available at the park. Our draft ROUTE MAP shows open parking locations.